top of page

Vital Records


If you have any questions, please call the Office at 207-336-2521. Forms can be printed and filled out and dropped off or mailed in to the Town Office for birth, marriage and death.


You can also use these forms and request Certified Copies through the State of Maine. Please use forms for anything other than birth, death and marriage to request documents through the State of Maine.


Data, Research and Vital Statistics - Forms

Most of the following forms are fillable PDF's. Click on the blue hyperlink and fill out the form and print. Click on the Reset button to clear the form. PDF forms require Adobe Reader to view and print. The forms listed below are available from the Maine CDC Vital Records office. If a form that you want is not available on line, please call the State of Maine at 1-888-664-9491, and they will send you the form(s).


Vital Records Request & Information


Birth Forms & Information


Death Forms & Information


Marriage Forms & Information

  • Application for Certificate of Marital Status form (PDF) - The Certificate of Marital Status is usually required for persons conducting business (usually getting married) in a foreign country. If you need a certificate of marital status or no impediment to marriage, please complete this application and send it, along with the appropriate fee outlined on the application, to Maine CDC Vital Records Office, 11 State House Station, 220 Capitol Street, Augusta, ME 04333.

  • Dompartinst (PDF) - Instructions and Information for Declaration of Domestic Partnerships - See necessary forms below.

    • VS70 (PDF) - Declaration of Domestic Partnership.

    • VS71 (PDF) - Termination of Domestic Partnership by Mutual Consent.

    • VS72 (PDF) - Alternate Notice of Termination of Domestic Partnership

  • Officiant Application (PDF) - Application for a non-resident officiant authorization to perform a marriage in Maine.

  • Performing a Marriage Ceremony (PDF) - Instructions and procedures for officiant.

  • Planning Your Marriage in Maine (PDF) - Assist you in the planning of your marriage ceremony.


Genealogist Information


Adult Adoptee Access to Original Birth Certificate Rules and Forms


Adoption Reunion Registry Applications

bottom of page